Monday, January 23, 2012

Happy 2012




Happy 2012
Alone in my room right now, savouring my silky smooth Dove chocolate as I type this, while catching the scent of vanilla in the air from the candle I just lit. I don’t usually do this (have alone time), unless finding myself in a foreign land, enjoying the night air and unfamiliar sound of traffic by the window. Do you spend alone time with yourself like this? Or like me, are you too caught up with work / studies / people? 

Me-Time is the time I reflect on myself, on my journey thus far and what to anticipate in future. It’s the time I just stop, and think ALL ABOUT ME. The perfect time to list down my 2012 (realistic) resolutions which I could share with you some:


1. More alone time.
You can call this ‘berangan’ time but we all need it every now and then. You ALWAYS find yourself answering where-would-you-be-in-20years-time only when you’re about to go on a job interview/minggu orientasi mahasiswa/modul. Takkanlah waktu itu je nak fikir, and jawapan pun most likely yang potential employer nak dengar, not what you really desire. I think it’s a very good question to ponder on so you could already shape it along with the steps to take, and the only time to do it is when you’re alone and unoccupied. Read: Unoccupied, so please log out your FB/Twitter/YM.


2. Take up rock-climbing.
Hewhewhew one of the reasons I’ve been doing weights last year is to build my upper body strength to take up rock-climbing. Entah boleh entah tak masih berangan lagi, by early March we’ll see capai ke tak. Yes ada timeline untuk my resolutions and rock-climbing is in early March.

3. Pray on time, everytime.
This, I must admit is quite ambitious. The first few days of 2012 I was doing rather well, anticipating azan with wudhuk on. And then (expectedly) my performance went downhill my oh my… Teruk teruk. I need to always be reminded on how great it feels to have performed your solat whenever you look at the clock. You see the clock 2pm, oh aku dah Zohor *ringan rasa*. You see the clock 5pm, oh dah Asar tadi *bunga-bunga hati*.

4. Be an avid blogger writing at least two entries per week.
Can I say this is quite ambitious too? Hahahaha. But it’s in my list so I have to make it into reality. I’m anal about lists.

5. Improve language and blog content.
It’s about time I go back to being a storyteller cum lifestyle guru I once think I was. LOL what ever happened to that? Hamis Jalikha… Hamis Jalikha…

6. Find ways to improve as a daughter/sister/partner/friend.
It is important to know where you stand and your role in someone’s life. Last night I slept with in Alisya’s room because she came in mine and said “Keknis can you sleep with me tonight?”. I asked her “Why?” to which she simply answered “I’m bored”. Immediately, me in my Spongebob pyjamas marched to her room only to see her doing homework quietly, not really needing any form of entertainment (what? I thought I was in for a pillow fight). So I went under the blanket and just watched her from the bed until I fell asleep.

You see, she didn’t need me to play with her. She didn’t need me because she was scared to be by herself. She simple needs to know, I would be there for her when she asks me to.


I hope to complete this list so I could come up with more great things I could strive to achieve. Go ahead, have an alone time and come up with realistic resolutions. Have a bar of silky smooth Dove Chocolate in hand while you’re at it.


45 comments:

  1. i hope my wish list come true also

    ReplyDelete
  2. i hope my wish list akn jd kenyataan jugak nnt

    ReplyDelete
  3. love this entry ;) u're such a good sis, unlike me ;p hihi

    ReplyDelete
  4. saya doakan hanis dapat sesuatu yang lebih baik lepas ni..in shaa Allah..
    tak reti nak komen guna english..
    hehe..
    my recent post jom baca...motivasi untuk berjaya

    ReplyDelete
  5. at last. one new post. and im so lovin it. i guess i need my own Me-Time Moment too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hai keknis...
    I like ur rock climbing resolution as myself pon just started it up lasr year and find out its very cool sport..im doing marathon..hiking..but still for me rock climbing its very interesting sport..so wish u goodluck...

    ReplyDelete
  7. 'I know. I'm lazy. But I made myself a New Years resolution that I would write myself something really special. Which means I have 'til December, right?',Catherine O'Hara. :)

    Good luck on fulfilling those resolutions. May 2012 be a good year for us to be a better human-being and also a better Muslim.

    InsyaAllah.

    Regards,
    Iskandar Al-Haziq.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Word! Good luck, Hanis.

    "Never tell your resolution beforehand, or it's twice as onerous a duty." --John Selden

    ReplyDelete
  9. InsyaAllah... whatever u think u can, u can do it....

    ReplyDelete
  10. me too...
    want to pray on time...everytime!
    good luck kak hanis!

    ReplyDelete
  11. bagus si HamisJalikha ni.. saye pon selalu berazam nak pray on time tapi tulaaa, syaiton nirrojim tu jahat sgt!!

    *rock-climb' di mane? roger! roger! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. fara kurang mahir dlm bi,tapi suka baca blog kak hanis bagi mantapkan bi ni..hehe..happy 2012 kak.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. sweetnye dapat akak cenggini.. huuu

    ReplyDelete
  14. The No.6 of your resolution is similar to mine. That's the most important thing in being a human. Improving ourselves to be a better person not for our own benefits but for people around us too.
    All the best Hanis Zalikha.

    ReplyDelete
  15. love your resolutions..seem so simple, yet those are the things that we always miss..good luck to u! i started reading your blog since my sister introduced it to me..keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  16. doa org yg selalu sujud kpdNya insyaAllah dimakbulkan =))

    ReplyDelete
  17. thank you for inspiring me to do one! :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. btol, solat pada masa sgt tenang and best :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. So glad to see your list includes, praying on time. Make me like you as a person even more lah! Keep it up! I shall pray you accomplish everything listed. Amin...

    ReplyDelete
  20. u'r rite Hamis Jalikha.. alone time is when u come to all ur senses .. love this inspiring entry.. good for u gurl! :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. really inspiring me n impressive...

    ReplyDelete
  22. most of the yr wish some goes to me.. i also trying my best to reach every single my wish..

    ReplyDelete
  23. if hanis buat resolution to wear tudung and cover up your aurah properly, it would be super duper GREAT and it's really sweet though!

    i'm sure many other girls out there will follow. wahh, pahala dh dapat dh..if org lain ikut, pahala dorg pun akan masuk account hanis jugak.. ^^

    xpe, pelan2 je dulu if xselesa.. :)
    (this is my first time to comment)

    ReplyDelete
  24. solat itu tiang agama,,tegaknya agamamu kerana solat..

    ReplyDelete
  25. Kak Hanis Zalikhaaaa syg~ I will always Pray to Allah, Hopefully that Sooner Allah will opens ur heart to wear a scarff~ May Allah bring you to the right path okiey kak Haniz Zalikha kesayangan ;)

    If Allah tgok kak Hanis berbunga hatii solat on timee, Allah akan lagi berbunga-bunga hati dea bile Hanis Zalikha pakai tudung InsyaaAllah ;)


    Kami semua doakan.. ;)


    May Allah Bless youuu ;)

    ReplyDelete
  26. hi hamis...good lists...oh btw baru perasan...baju u pakai masa festival filem m'sia kat sabah tu baju jaclyn victor perform kat AJL 22 dgn Lah VE...

    ReplyDelete
  27. hanis,sedap sgt ke coklat dove tu??? u mcm addicted gler je.. i pulak rasa macam nak try jeeee.. kat mana nak cari?? x pnh perasan ponn.. heheee

    ReplyDelete
  28. Well no.6 kinda made a little teary-eyed. kinda. Ehem. I need to go..and. do..something. okbye. sniff.

    ReplyDelete
  29. cik hanis seorang yang sensitif terhadap keluarga/adik beradik...memang nice..:)

    ReplyDelete
  30. No 3 is the best!^_^
    Insya Allah..

    ReplyDelete
  31. wah jom rock climbing! aku dari tahun lepas mengidam nak panjat yg kat kfc shah alam tu. tapi takde sape teringin nak join. mahu kan pula j, opi lagi lah. sedih. kalau meor, mesti dia takmo gak! :(

    ReplyDelete
  32. salam..hanis u r such a good blogger,commentator and daughter..yet will be a good muslim...its still time...me too...

    ReplyDelete
  33. hamisjalikha,

    wish list, wish list jugak.
    tapi ceklet letak sebelah lilin menyala, cairlaaaaa

    ReplyDelete
  34. wahhhhh sgt same dgn diriku.. i look stupido when im lying..LOL

    ReplyDelete
  35. wahhhhh... same la...i look so stupido when im lying..LOL

    ReplyDelete
  36. assalamualaikum, hanis. i really like you coz u seem like a super nice/family oriented/loving/humble person and i truly admire you for those traits. good luck wth the resolutions too!. uhh how i wish i got all the dscpline in the world to betoi2 ikot my past resolutions. *hmmph*

    ok now how do i say this...ok, it seems like u've dyed your hair, am i right? reading ur No.6 resolution, my heart just clenched. idk whether u already knew this and i felt obliged to remind u, as a fellow muslimah (and admirer ;p) that:

    ---our solat is tak sah with dyed/highlighted hair---

    i just recently knew the reason for this hukm as well. its bcoz the color prevents water to reach EACH strand that our mandi hadas (which opkoz requires all body parts to be 'purified' wth water) becomes tak sah. and u know what happens then; when we're still considered berhadas (the harsher term: bernajis), our solah wont be accepted. and being a normal woman we need to mandi hadas once a month because of you-know-that reason. so imagine if yg kita mndi bulan2 tu tak sah pon sbnrnya =<

    BUT
    if my eyes deceived me and the color is actually real (some fair people got rambut perang ori aite) then u hv nothing to worry lor (and consequently SORRY BANGAT for the unintentional fitnah)

    fuh so panjang already. till then all the best for ur future (duh xde idea) o yeah, may us all be better entities daughters/students/employees/ and most importantly His servants.

    p/s: i u/stand if u choose to hide or delete this comment. no heart taken =>

    ReplyDelete
  37. bertudung tu wajib wahai saudari hanis, sesiapa yg tdk bertudung seksanya di dlm kubur nanti rambutnya akan dimasukkan kedlm mulutnya dan dikeluarkan melalui duburnya dan digantung sampai kiamat tiba. itupun kl saudari hanis percaya (beriman)

    ReplyDelete

No proper ID, no proper comment, down you go the freaking spam drain. Receiving happy vibes!